This congregation was organized c. 1870 by freed slaves who had met for several years prior to that in homes to sing and pray. The first church was what was known then as a bush arbor on the old Kehoe or Caple place. It remained there a decade before a wood frame structure was built on the Sanders Ferry Road. In 1896 under the direction of Peter Brown and Doe Carson the present site was purchased and a church was built. A storm soon destroyed that building and a second sanctuary was built to replace it. The third church building on this site was built in 1905 under the direction of Rev. C.A. Cook and used until 1935 when it was replaced by another structure, which was renovated several times. December 24, 2008 that building was destroyed by an electrical fire. Under the leadership of Rev. Terry L. Cole and officers of the church, the present structure was completed in December 2010. The first worship service was held on Christmas Day and Dedication Service on January 30, 2011. “To God be the glory for all He has done.